Saturday, January 5, 2013

It's Finally Done!!

Sorry I missed our conference call this week. Thought I would update you a little via my blog instead. School starts back Monday and I've had a fabulous break. Mom and Dad came down and helped me do some remodeling (more about that later). I also spent time chilling on the couch (my favorite place) and hanging out with friends. I also started rehearsals! Hooray, 12 months and 13 auditions later, I FINALLY got cast in a show. It's a comedy called "Four Weddings and an Elvis" and it's about four weddings (or planned weddings in a Las Vegas chapel) and an Elvis (or more accurately 2 Elvis's). The director is someone I've known about for the past few years, performed with her family members, but never had the chance to work with her. I think the cast is going to be fabulous and I look forward to working with them! Most of all, I look forward to performing again!!! If you're in town the last two weekends of February, I've got a show for you to see!! Now to the remodeling. After 6 1/2 years of living in my place, I decided to do some major remodeling. Up until now, dad has tiled two rooms and put a screen door on, but I haven't done anything drastic. I finally decided on colors for my bedroom and decided to redo my bathroom (which I detested for how small it is/was). If I was doing my bathroom, I figured I ought to do the bathroom upstairs too. The 3rd bathroom (yes, I have 3 bathrooms one person) will be done later... Below are the before pictures (I forgot to take "before" pictures of the bathroom upstairs):
I repainted my room and dad came and did the floors and it's gorgeous. I got a new bed frame and bedding, built drawers (okay, assembled drawers) for under the bed, assembled a shoe cabinet, and decorated. I even make my bed everyday!
(I also found a great way to hang up my jewelry!)
(This board is where I've put pictures of the family. I get to wake up to your smiling faces everyday! Keep those pictures coming!)
After 6 days of tiling (I learned how to tile! Thanks dad!), grouting, painting, demo, reinstalling cabinets and toilets and rewiring lights, the bathrooms are finished!! (The upstairs bathroom is first)
Today, Danny's brother came in and rewired for the sconces. Don't worry, he's an electrician.
I am beyond thrilled with how this turned out! I'm am so grateful for everyone that helped with this project. Mom and dad did a ton and Danny helped me plan it all. Feel free to stop by sometime to see it in person! Love you guys!

2 comments:

  1. It looks gorgeous! I love the bright color accents in your bedroom especially! Way to go making such big changes!

    ReplyDelete